VIDEO TO INTRODUCE THE PROJECT
WHY THIS PROJECT?
Malaria and schistosomiasis are concerns in the Sahelian belt. A number of factors including climate change and socioeconomic factors can increase the vulnerability of populations to these diseases.
To study the different factors that affect the transmission of malaria and schistosomiasis in order to develop appropriate strategies and tools for resilience.
The Sahelian belt in Côte d’Ivoire and Mauritania.
- Collection and analysis of meteorological data
- Cultural and socioeconomic data collection, such as household surveys
- Observations, interviews and focus group sessions
- Field and lab studies of host populations
- Documentation of facilities involved in adaptation to climate change, as well as the fight against VBDs